Edwin and I don't watch too much tv. We don't pay for cable because neither of us can rationalize an extra $50 when we could watch Netflix for $7 and Hulu for free. A lot of the time, I don't even watch shows there either, simply because my new "mom schedule" doesn't often have time slots for forty-five minute shows. This is why I have fallen in love with YouTube, particularly the vlogging community. These days, a ten to fifteen minute vlog is perfect entertainment. So here's my list of favorite family vloggers, along with a short description of what they do or what I enjoy about their vlogs.
1. AprilJustinTV New parents to their son Liam, April and Justin are what you would call the "cute couple." They both have such contagious optimism, which always puts a smile on my face. These two exhibit so much love for each other and their child. Plus, if you're a fan of cooking/baking (or watching people cook/bake), their channel is the place to be.
2. bamachick1101 Expecting in the fall after two miscarriages, Cullen and Katie are the couple you love to pull for. With so many vloggers on the West coast, it's nice to get a peek into life down South. The interaction between Katie (level-headed) and Cullen (a goof, in the most flattering way possible) is what makes their vlogs worth it, along with their inspirational faith in God,
3. itsJudysLife The first vloggers I ever watched, Benji and Judy have, in my opinion, the most entertaining vlogs out there. It's their personalities, I think, that give their videos this quality, as well as their fearlessness in sharing about everyday life. We get glimpses of arguments, parenting struggles, and their quirkiness. Love how much Benji adores all things food-related. Parents of three girls, their vlog is a must-see.
4. RissRoseDos A look into the life of a single mom of twins, living in Vegas. This family is so fun to watch and encouraging, in that we see how close of a family they really are. Love watching how the mom parents her soon-to-be teenagers. We get glimpses of exciting travels, healthy living, dancing, the exciting life of Vegas and the more routine life in their household. I really admire how she does it all on her own.
5. SacconeJolys Irish vloggers, who have just made the move to London with their two kids under two years old (and six dogs, I believe). Dad is a bit on the crazy side, but that's what makes these vlogs great -- the uniqueness and realness that both parents are willing to share with their viewers. Transparent. And their daughter, Emelia, is adorable. A ray of sunshine.
6. Shaytards Even though these guys have been around for about five years, I only recently started watching them. What I love watching the most is the way that they parent their five children. They have such an open and loving relationship with them, while at the same time letting them know distinctly right from wrong. Love their values and how much fun they have every day.
7. The LaVigne Life One of the newer vlogs I've started watching. The interaction between husband and wife is hilarious; they have all these inside jokes that they let you in on. Since the birth of their second child, they have started on a fitness/healthy eating journey, which is quite fun to watch and encouraging.
8. essiebuttonvlogs Ok, so I guess this isn't technically a family vlog, but I just couldn't resist. Love watching this couple document their life in London, along with their dog (I guess we could argue their "child?") Reggie. There's just something about their life that intrigues me -- maybe it's their modern lifestyle, weekend trips to Italy, or explorations into different cuisines. But even without all those things, Estee is so real, so humorous, so different, that I am hooked regardless.
No comments:
Post a Comment