Want to read about Ella in Espanol?

Monday, June 16, 2014

Your Daddy

Dear Ella, you have a daddy who adores you.  The evening before we found out you were sent to us, your daddy drove through the rain after a long day of work to a Walgreens in Frankfort, Kentucky.  Bought two pregnancy tests for mommy at home, who was practically pacing the floors in nervous anticipation.  Daddy told me to use one the second he got home, but I couldn't.  Daddy told me to use one when he left for work the next morning, but I couldn't then either.  (Understand that I loved you already, baby girl, and I couldn't bear to see a negative sign on the test.)  Finally I worked up the courage, took the test, and sent your daddy a picture of the result with tears of joy in my eyes.  Completely taken off guard, he ran to the bathroom to see my text.  When he read it, he says that he got warm and red in the face.  When he read it, he says you made him the happiest man in this world. 
Ella, you have a daddy who would do anything for you.  During my pregnancy, all I had to do was say, "Ella wants ______," and your daddy would go out to get me whatever I had said "you" wanted -- 3:00 PM or 3:00 AM, it didn't matter.  I have seen him change your diapers with looks of absolute terror on his face, but he pushes through (using close to a whole package of wipes every time) because he would do anything for you.  Your Daddy spent hours and hours meandering the aisles of Babies R Us with mommy, painting your nursery, and putting together your crib and dresser.  Daddy works tirelessly for you Monday-Friday, and even on the weekends he doesn't get a break, but rather helps mommy with the cleaning, grocery shopping, and tending to you.  He is exhausted more often than not, but he goes on for you, little girl.  That man would do anything for you; he will always fight for you.
Ella, you have a daddy who is a role model for you.  He is this way because of his daddy, your Abuelito, who was a role model for him.  Abuelito passed down a legacy of strong, noble fatherhood to daddy, giving him the best character, work ethic, and faith in God.  I want you to have his perseverance, love for family, fearlessness, selflessness, and unshakeable sense of right and wrong.  I have seen daddy do a U-turn to give a homeless person food to eat.  I have seen him serve others without a thought towards his own needs.  I have seen him read from Scripture with his voice full of emotion, knowing what encouragement and inspiration he finds there.  With tears in his eyes, I have listened as he speaks of his family far away and of how much he loves and misses them.  This is a man, Ella, whose footsteps you should follow in.

Lastly, darling Ella, you have a daddy who is like the man you need to look for as your husband.  Many men will come your way and try to open your heart, but keep it locked until you find that one man who possess all of daddy's qualities I just mentioned.  I tell you from experience, that man is worth waiting for.  Daddy will help you guard your heart on your journey; trust him and never push him away.   

I love you, baby girl.  Take my words to heart.
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment